Wednesday 18 June 2014

Film Review: The Fault In Our Stars


So last Thursday night, I was very lucky to go to the exclusive "feel it first" screening of The Fault In Our Stars. I cannot express how emotional this film had me. In this blog post, I'm going to review the film from my point of view having already read the book (promising not to give any spoilers)

Review
As we all say the film never lives up to the book, but this film is one of those which, in my eyes, manages to capture John Green's The Fault In Our Stars raw and heart wrenching, yet emotionally rewarding story. Credit has to be given to director, Josh Boone, who you can tell worked so hard to make sure the film was in every bit as magical as it rightly should be. Leading cast members, Ansel Elgort and Shailene Woodley employ the souls of their characters into their hearts. One actor who also stands out in particular, is Nat Wolff (Issac) who brings comedy into the film and also a heartwarming, yet heartbreaking moment, between his friendship with Augustus and Hazel.

The plot of the film is very true to the book, although be warned some details are missing, this does not hinder the film and the overall adaption. It is cleverly directed so that you know what each character is feeling, again bringing you close to each character. 

I must say that when I seen the film, it was so sweet to know everyone felt the same emotions and despite being strangers, you felt yourself laughing, smiling and crying together as an audience of this highly anticipated film. I personally sobbed at this film, bearing in mind I cry at pretty much anything. So I highly recommend taking a box/packet of tissues and snacks for comfort eating.
There is certainly no magic lost from this adaption, Hazel and Augustus' love story becomes an emotional rollercoaster from the big screen.

This has easily became my favourite film to match the book being my favourite read. My review of the book, can be found in my previous blog posts, which gives a bit more insight into the book (no spoilers I promise). Thanks for reading and stay posted for more blog posts :-)

Follow me on:
Instagram - @perksofgemma_
Twitter - @Gemm96
I promise to follow back :-)

1 comment:

  1. I went to see tfios two nights ago and oh my god, it is incredible! I got so emotional at all the romantic bits! Can't wait until it comes out on DVD xx
    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete