Monday 30 June 2014

Beauty Products: My Daily Face

Hi everyone! I've noticed that my beauty product favourites post from ages ago had a good audience, so in today's post I'm going to go through my daily face, i.e, the foundation I use and how I finish my look. So please stay with me as I go through my routine.

Tools:
I am completely and 100% a lover of Real Techniques brushes, these brushes can be brought pretty much anywhere and although more expensive than some brands, they are worth every penny. For my daily face routine I use:
- Stippling brush (pictured in the middle) - this brush is particularly suited to liquid foundation, it's flat surface allows for an even coverage and easy blending. I find using this brush blending outwards and in a circular motion gives me a more flawless finish.






- Powder brush (pictured on the left) - this large brush works well with both loose and pressed powder. I use this for a pressed powder and find that there is not too much residue left on your face, avoiding looking "cakey" and unnatural.
- Small pointed foundation brush (pictured on the right) - as a foundation brush it is too small for me personally, so I use this brush to apply my concealer as it is pointed and allows you to cover awkward blemishes.

Foundation:
I have gone through many foundations and have never been able to find one which I am completely happy with. So recently I read up on Rimmel Perfect Match Foundation and purchased it in the colour Ivory and so far, so good. It is a light liquid foundation and easy to apply and blends well, it is enhanced with Sapphire Radiance, which means it gives a dewy glow to your skin, something which I am pleased with. When choosing in the shop I was in between this foundation and Rimmel Wake Me Up, however I felt that the glittery tint in the Wake Me Up foundation was something I personally wasn't sure would work well with me, as I didn't want to sparkle like something out of Twilight. I have normal skin, which tends to become oily as the day goes on, however this foundation lasts all day for me and I have no complaints.

The add-ons:


These may be add-ons but they are most certainly essential to completing the daily face, my personal favourites are:
- Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer - this concealer is easily applied and when covering my blemishes and dark circles under my eyes it does wonders for me. It is important to choose a colour which works well with your foundation as you want to avoid uneven skin tones.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - this powder has been a miracle worker for me. It is perfect for all skin types, as it is fragrance and oil free, meaning it does not leave pores clogged and gives a natural finish to the daily routine of makeup. A product that proves it lives up to it's hype.

Thank you for reading and I hope this was helpful as a guidance to my daily face. For my other favourite beauty products, which I also use in my daily routine, check out my Beauty Favourites post. If you have any questions please feel free to leave them in the comment section and I will happily reply.

Follow me on:
- Instagram - @perksofgemma_
- Twitter - @Gemm96
I promise to follow back :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment