Sunday 3 August 2014

Beauty Review: Fudge Urban Colour Chalk

Hello, so it's been a while since I've made a blog post, in today's post I'm going to do a quick review on the new product I bought today - Fudge Urban Colour Chalk. I bought this product from Boots, for £5.99, which I thought for a new product isn't too bad.
I purchased this in the colour - Pumped-up Purple because I was in between colours and asked my best friend to pick and she chose the purple, so that's what I went with because I couldn't bear to be indecisive and be there for half an hour.

It's easy to apply, coming in a compact hand held, I want to say container but I can't think of the word. All it takes is for you to rub the colour onto dry hair, it is completely up to you in the style you choose to have it. For my first try I opted for a streak just to see what sort of coverage it gives on my hair, which is a light brown colour (dyed). Despite looking quite a bold colour when in the box, when applied it is very much lighter and although it's obviously not a natural hair colour, it has a pastel tone to it and therefore does not look too overpowering.
It is a fun product, something which has easy application and can switch up a look, fitting right in with the festival trend.
It's semi-permanent meaning it is wash in, wash out, so there's no worrying about trying to scrub it out of your hair. The only thing which is recommended is that you are aware of colour transfer, so I would recommend that if you are to use this product, avoid light coloured tops, however, it is chalk so it will wash out. It is also recommended on the box that you lock in the colour with some hairspray, which seems the natural thing to do anyway.

This is definitely a product I'm looking forward to trying out in different ways, for example, using it when plaiting my hair, creating a dip dye look. This product is also available in a pink, blue and icy white, so there is plenty of choice and I will be looking to buy more!

I hope this post was helpful, any questions please feel free to leave in the comments. Hope everyone is having a lovely summer! Thank you for reading :-)

Follow me on
- Instagram - @perksofgemma_
- Twitter - @Gemm96
I promise to follow back :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Love your blog post! I’ve nominated you for the Liebster Award, find out more here on over on my blog:
    http://m00ndu5t.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/the-liebster-award.html

    Let me know if you do it, would love to see your response!

    Emma
    X

    ReplyDelete