Wednesday 9 July 2014

What's on my iPod?

Hello everyone, I thought in today's blog post I thought I'd do something different and give you an insight to the music which I listen to and sing along to in the shower, while pretending I'm singing at Wembley (everyone has to do this at least once in their life). I'm a massive believer that everyone should listen to music because there is literally a song for every mood.

The break up band
Okay, so I haven't actually been through a break up but girl band HAIM's album, Days Are Gone, makes me feel some sort of power, I'm not gonna say "girl power" but they literally make me feel like a sassy independent woman. 

 
My favourite song - Let Me Go


The album you can't help but scream along to
My album for this particular mood is most definitely The 1975's self titled album. Matt Healy's vocals make me feel some sort of way, so when I'm in the shower I cannot help but scream along to this album.


My favourite song - Robbers



The "makes me feel nostalgic, even though it hasn't happened to me"
Long title, I know. The album that has this sort of nostalgic vibe even though it most likely hasn't happened to you personally, is Lana Del Rey's, Born To Die: The Paradise Edition. Lana's music is a bit like marmite, you either love it or hate it, but I adore her.


My favourite song - American


The classic
Elvis is King, he is in every way classic, whether it's his albums or his films. His voice just soothes me and there is not one song I can say isn't good and if you don't think he's good then you really are just kidding yourself.


My favourite song - An American Trilogy


The "my best friend has got me addicted to"
So my best friend got me listening to 5 Seconds of Summer and now I'm feeling addicted to them and not just their album. Another band who I like to sing along to and pretend I'm preforming at Wembley and dream about dating *sigh at my life*


My favourite song - Beside You


The soundtrack
As a soundtrack to a film, I absolutely adore the music choices made for The Perks of being a Wallflower, which is probably a shock because of my love for The Fault In Our Stars, but I absolutely adore 80's music and makes me feel like I was born in the wrong era.

My favourite song - Crowded House // Don't Dream It's Over



The "soothe your soul" album
My favourite album for this one is always going to be London Grammar's album, If You Wait. Lead singer, Hannah Reid has the most perfectly soothing vocals, they are definitely one of the most underrated bands at the moment.


My favourite song - Nightcall



Well I could go on all day about music, but I don't wanna be a bore with a post that would be like 15 pages long. But I hope you liked this post, as it's something a bit different to what I usually blog about and thank you for reading. If anyone has any music suggestions which I may like please feel free to comment below. Also I'm looking for more ideas of what to blog about so if anyone has any suggestions there, please leave below, will be much appreciated :-)

You can also follow me on:
- Instagram - @perksofgemma_
- Twitter - @Gemm96

4 comments:

  1. 5SOS are amazing! Such a huge crush on Luke Hemmings hehe xx
    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I don't blame you. I'm in love with Michael :-) xx

      Delete
  2. Ooh this is such a great idea for a blogpost, love Lana and 5SOS and am glad you like more vintage stuff too like Elvis! :D

    I nominated you to complete the Liebster Award to find out more about you :)
    here is the link http://jadethejourno.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/liebster-award.html
    I hope you enjoy participating!

    Jade x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love The Perks Of Being A Wallflower soundtrack! You have a great music taste! I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Find out about it here, http://zarakate.blogspot.ie/2014/07/liebster-award.html
    I hope you take part, if you do leave a link in the comments on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete