Friday 25 April 2014

DIY: Studded iPhone cases

For ages now, I have been after a studded phone case and looking on ebay they can be a bit pricey, so to cut costs, I thought I would do it myself. In this blog I'm going to go through how I made my very own studded phone case.


For this simple little project, you will need:
- A silicone case (I brought mine from Primark for £1 each, but these can be found elsewhere)
- Studs (I purchased mine from eBay, a range of sizes can be found)


Just to be sure, I began by testing out the ways in which I would place the studs, as it's hard to go back once you've secured the stud. 


Once deciding the way I wanted the case to look, you simply push the stud through the silicone, as seen in the picture below.


To secure the stud, there is no mess, no bother, you just simply push the spikes inwards (as seen below) as the studs are hollow you can push the spikes fairly far in to ensure they do not scratch the back of your phone. 


Just keep the process going and soon enough you'll have a studded phone case. The beauty of doing it yourself means you can change the style and make it unique. As you can see, from the ones in which I made, there are many different ways to create your own studded phone case. 


I hope this little tutorial was helpful for anyone looking for a DIY project. Leave any comments if you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer :-)

Follow me on:
Instagram - @perksofgemma_ 
Twitter - @Gemm96
I promise to follow back :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment