Monday 14 April 2014

My beauty favourites

Hello again, thank you for taking your time to look at my blog. In today's post I will be going through some of my beauty must haves.

Firstly is my makeup brush collection. I am completely in love with Real Technique brushes, I own the Core Collection, which includes:
- Small pointed foundation brush
- Contouring brush
- Small detailed brush
- Buffing brush
In addition to the Core Collection I also own:
- Real Techniques Powder brush
- Real Techniques Stippling brush
- Foundation brush from Body Care
I would definitely recommend the Real Techniques brushes to anyone, they are perfect for applying both everyday and more heavy makeup, for anyone going on a night out. I purchased the Core Collection on Amazon at a bargain price of £14.65 with free delivery, they arrived within a matter of days, perfect for me because when it comes to deliveries I am overly impatient. My favourite brush has to be the Stippling brush, I purchased this brush from Boots for £11.99, it may seem a little pricey but it is well worth the money I can assure you (I also purchased the Powder brush in Boots for £12.99). It is perfect for the liquid foundation which I use, giving a flawless and even cover. It is best to wash these brushes as often as possible to avoid build up of products, which could make your makeup look cakey and uneven. To wash my brushes I don't use anything to fancy, I find that shampoo and warm water is just as good and quite handy.

Next is my new found love for Rimmel's Stay Matte powder. I have heard many people on Instagram rave about this powder and the wonders it has done for them. For me, I have naturally oily skin, as the day graduates my foundation starts to become almost greasy looking. However, this pressed powder has became my holy grail, a must need for anyone with oily skin. It comes in several colours, I have Peach Glow, purchased from Boots for £3.99, despite the price this powder can be applied lightly and still give an even and good coverage, so I am sure it will last a long time.


If ever I am asked to recommend a bronzer, I will instantly point them in the direction of Benefit's Hoola. Although expensive at £23.50 from Boots, it is perfect for contouring and even comes with an application brush, after I apply this with the brush provided I blend it with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush to avoid harsh lines, creating a more natural summery look. As it has a dark tone to it, it is best to use it lightly, as you use it only lightly it is most likely that this product will last a long time.

I have gone through many mascaras throughout the years and I have finally came to find one I am completely in love with, as it does wonders for my eyelashes, as I have eyelashes that look almost non-existent because they do not have a natural flutter to them. I have considered eyelash extensions, however, when looking at the procedure I felt it was not worth me doing just yet, so I looked at the reviews of They're Real by Benefit and thought I would give it a go and it is probably the best decision I've made. I received this mascara as part of a gift box. This product can be found in Boots for £19.50, again a little pricey, but most definitely worth the money as it separates lashes and lengthens them in a jet black colour, it even has bristles at the end of the wand to help volumise lashes in the smallest of lashes.

Lastly, is the Pantene Dry Oil with Argon oil. Unfortunately I don't have the link for this as I brought it in a local shop, but I'm sure it can be found elsewhere. This product has become my new saviour as on a daily basis I go through the hair straightening process, which has damaged my hair, causing many split ends. However, since using this product I have found my ends are in much better condition. It is best to use this product when your hair is damp, it is also important to only apply this product to the ends of your hair (using a minimal amount of product), as the roots of your hair have natural oils to protect it's condition. It is also handy for me as I am in the process of dying my hair from a light brown to dark blonde, as I am looking to have a hair colour which is a lot softer and has more tone to it. I would say that thick or thin hair, this product would be useful to all that are looking to treat their dry and damaged ends.

I hope this post was useful to you, if you have any questions please leave it in the comments below and I will be happy to answer. Thank you for taking your time to read this, have a nice day :-)


Follow me on:
Instagram - @perksofgemma_
Twitter - @Gemm96
I promise to follow back

No comments:

Post a Comment